

This time, I looked some website about British Life and Culture. I am very interested in foods and dishes. I become happy when I eat something. Especially, I like British very much, because I have a friend who is from British. I want to know about British Life and culture. Then, I looked for some web site about British dishes and found pictures of looks delicious dishes in the web site. Now, I want to write about meals. Especially, I write about puddings and form of breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
Next, I want to write about tea. Afternoon tea is famous as a culture in British. The time of afternoon tea is before the time of dinner. I know the culture of afternoon tea. Then, I think that today’s British people also enjoy afternoon tea. However, I was surprised because I knew the fact that afternoon tea is not common. When I looked the web site about tea, I knew high tea. High tea is like dinner or supper today. When I stayed in NZ, child of my host family ate some cereals for supper. I remembered it by the page.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/tea.htm
How about dinner? British people like eating curry rice or pasta for dinner. It is not also different in Japan. After the time of dinner, they enjoy spending the time of supper like a high tea. However, the Sunday lunchtime is different. They eat some traditional dishes. I want to eat roast lamb. It is very big meat, so I was surprised. I have never eaten so big meat.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/meals.htm
All these pages have a lot of pictures, and these are very easy to understand about the form of meal in British. Therefore, it is easy for us to know about British Life and culture. The form of meal in British is not so different from ours. However, there is a little difference. I want to go there to feel these differences. I recommend you to watch this site.
(513 words)
Hello Sayaka.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite English food is homemade roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. This is a set in home in English.
Toshi
Thank you for your comments. I want to know about it more.
ReplyDelete