

This time, I watched some website about British Life and Culture. I am very interested in foods and dishes. I become happy when I eat something. Especially, I like British very much, because I have a friend who is from British. Therefore, I want to know about British Life and culture. Especially, I want to write about British dishes now.
First, I want to write about Puddings. I didn’t know about puddings. Puddings are used milk, sugar, eggs, flour, butter and many involve fresh fruit, custard, cream and cakes. Apple or rhubarb crumble, bread and butter pudding, spotted dick and trifle are more traditional and well-known as home-made puddings. Especially, I want to eat Bread and butter pudding, because I like bread and butter, and I love sweet taste. I am interested in Custard. This page has a lot of information about many kinds of pudding, so I recommend you.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/puddings.htm
Second, I want to write about meals. Today, British people eat bowl of cereals, a slice of toast, orange juice and a cup of coffee for breakfast. This menu is very typical, so I know about it. I also sometimes eat like this menu in break fast, so I was not surprised. How about lunch? Typical English lunch is a sandwich, a packet of crisps, a piece of fruit and a drink. Almost people have a ‘packet lunch’. It is not different in Japan. And then, British people like curry rice or pasta for dinner. It is also different in Japan. However, the Sunday lunch time is different. They eat some traditional dishes. I want to eat roast lamb. It is very big meat, so I was surprised. I have never eaten like the big meat.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/meals.htm
Third, I want to write about afternoon tea. I know the culture of afternoon tea. Then, I think that today’s British people also enjoy afternoon tea. However, I was surprised because I knew the fact that afternoon tea is not common. And then, I knew high tea. High tea is like dinner or supper today. When I spent in NZ, child of my host family ate some cereals for supper. I remembered it by watching the page.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/food/tea.htm
All these page are very easy to understand, and has a lot of pictures. Therefore, it is easy for us to know about British Life and culture. I want to go there more. I recommend you to watch this site.
(403 words)
It looks very delicious. I want to eat British food. I had heard that British foods are not delicious. But this site’s British foods look very delicious.
ReplyDeleteHi Sayaka. The pictures makes me hungry!! They looks like delicious. Why do you interested in British culture?
ReplyDeleteYour essay is interesting☆
ReplyDeleteI want to cook British pudding. Will you cook it with me?
I would like to know about packet of crisps. What is it? Like chips?
Did these wedsite help your study?
Do you like British food? I want to know more about your homestay at NZ. Please tell me!
ReplyDeleteI want to eat and to know about British food!! Which do you want to eat in British food? Please tell me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your all comments!
ReplyDeleteTo Akiha
I also have heard that British dishes are no so delicious, so I want to eat them.
To Yuriboooh
I am interested in British because I want to learn about Original English.
To Pika
Let's cook pudding together. I don't know about packet of crisps. Sorry. This site helpful for me.
To aya
I have never eaten British food, so I want to eat them. My homestay is very nice, and I ate a lot of British food and I communicated a lot of people. It was nice day!!
All of the British food looks delicous. What British food do you like?
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment, pnada!
ReplyDeleteI want to eat pudding very much!